California Law Firm Helps Clients in the Fresno Area Secure Their Financial Future
Skilled lawyers handling estate planning, securities arbitration and civil litigation
When your financial security is at risk, having an experienced attorney on your side can give you hope for the future. Whether you are managing a substantial estate for the first time after the loss of a loved one or the portfolio you worked for all your life was significantly diminished by an unethical broker, we can give you the guidance and confidence you need to manage the situation. If your legal matter requires litigation, arbitration or mediation, the seasoned attorneys at Pape & Shewan, L.L.P. provide staunch representation and are skilled negotiators.
Pape & Shewan has built a solid reputation for excellence in Fresno, CA and the surrounding Central Valley area. Our attorneys are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® and are recognized by Super Lawyers.
Decades of experience providing valuable counsel
We bring more than 60 years of combined experience to the table to help you with a variety of legal matters, including securities arbitration and litigation, civil litigation and wills, trusts, estates and probate. When you retain our services, you work with lawyers who are:
- Experienced — We are skilled both inside and outside the courtroom and bring substantial, up-to-date knowledge to bear on your case.
- Attorney Scott R. Shewan’s success as an advocate in securities arbitration earned him the recognition and respect of his colleagues during his former role as president of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), the national bar association for attorneys who represent investors in the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) forum. He was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2013.
- Attorney Jeffrey B. Pape is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as a specialist in taxation law. His reputation for professionalism and in-depth knowledge earned him the honor of being named as a Super Lawyer in 2005 and 2009.
- Client focused — We work closely with our clients, tailoring our approach and strategies to their specific needs and goals. We keep you informed about your case’s status and provide valuable guidance every step of the way.
- Responsive — When you need to reach us, you can. If we are in court or otherwise unavailable, our knowledgeable staff provides assistance. All calls and emails are usually returned within 24 hours.
- Cost effective — Our goal is to help you find a solution to your legal matter that protects your immediate and long-term interests. We handle your situation as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
Handling wills, trusts, probate and other financial matters
When you engage Pape & Shewan, you receive the care and attention of a small firm without paying for the overhead of a large firm. We answer all your questions and ensure that you fully understand our next steps and their potential risks, benefits and outcomes. Our areas of practice include:
- Securities arbitration — A strong advocate can help you recover your lost assets through securities arbitration. Many investors never realize that they may have valid legal claims against their broker or financial advisor. Highly familiar with the arbitration procedure, our securities arbitration attorney has handled hundreds of cases of investment fraud andstockbroker fraud and misconduct. We also offer broker representation in cases against employers or former employers in the FINRA forum.
- Wills, trusts and estates — Whether planning for the care of your family upon your death or guiding you through the probate process after the loss of a loved one, our attorneys can advise you about various estate-planning matters, including trusts, wills and probate. We can help you prepare your documents, minimize estate taxes and prevent the need for trust and probate litigation.
- Civil litigation — Our professional courtroom demeanor and meticulous preparation gives us an edge as assertive, strategic advocates when legal disputes disrupt your business operations or threaten your finances. Our experienced litigators handle a broad range of civil litigation cases involving fiduciary duties, breach of contract, construction defects, physician rights and much more.
Contact the Fresno County, CA lawyers with the experience to help you preserve your wealth
Whether you lost your nest egg through broker misconduct or want to ensure your loved ones are financially secure, contact Pape & Shewan, L.L.P. at 888-860-6137 or online today. We offer free initial consultations in securities arbitration cases. Our office is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (closed from noon to 1 p.m.) and is located in Old Town Clovis.